Vacations are so exciting. However packing is not. For most people, including my husband, packing can be the most dreaded tasks before you go on vacation. But I’m going to help you become a master packer. Not only will you have everything you might need, but you will have a complete list to help you pack for a 5 day trip with zero stress!
I am one of those people who starts packing a few days before my trip. Because I end up adding things throughout the next few days. Even though I usually make a list, there are almost always things I miss. There is nothing more than I fear than getting to a vacation destination and not having underwear [cough cough Michael] 😉 In college we went on a cruise and when we got to our hotel the night before we set sail he realized he didn’t pack any underwear or flip-flops. Ever since then I make lists! There may be affiliate links that help keep this blog running.
I personally don’t hate packing, mostly because it means I’m going somewhere fun. I also get to pick out all of my outfits which I love. However, I am the QUEEN of overpacking. I just can’t help myself. Even if I plan out every outfit for each day I still have to have one or two extras. It’s in my blood.
- Roll your clothing, even the most temperamental fabrics will come out without a wrinkle!
- Put underwear and socks in your sunhat to prevent it from squishing in your suitcase.
- Make a list of things you will need to put in the morning of, so that you do not forget anything.
- Take your time packing, plan out your outfits. It will be worth it! You will be able to rest easy knowing that you will not be missing anything on your vacation.
- Put your shoes in a grocery bag if your luggage does not have a separate compartment. It also will work to hold dirty clothes coming home or a swimsuit that hasn’t dried yet.
- Wear bulky items on the plane; like sweatshirts, tennis shoes, pair of jeans, etc.
Beach Vacay Packing List:
≈ 5 days
- Swimsuits (3)
- Shorts/ Skirts (4)
- Jeans (1-2)
- Tank-tops/ Short-sleeves (4)
- Sleeved shirts (2)
- Dresses (2)
- Workout clothes
- Tennis Shoes (1)
- Versatile Sandals (2)
- Heels/ Wedges (1-2)
- Skin Care (face wash, moisturizer)
- Sunscreen 30+ SPF
- Bug Spray (Zika 😨)
- Beach Bag
- Phone Charger
- Med Kit
-Ibuprofin, Band-aids, Benadryl, Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Allergy Pills, etc.
^—-You do not want to buy these from a hotel shop, you will spend an arm and a leg!
I will be doing a roundup of my vacation styles when I get back. Hopefully July 27th!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Stay tuned to my Instagram and I’ll take you to Mexico with me.. In spirit 🙂