Summer Time = Diet Time
The beginning of summer brings sunshine, beautiful flowers and the dreaded swimsuit season. I know that personally I am trying to eat healthier knowing in a few short days here, I will be lounging next to a pool. Now I am by no means saying that everyone needs to be on a diet, but it tends to reign true that we ry to be a little more health conscious in the spring/ summertime than in winter. We watch what we eat more carefully, try to be more active and maybe cut out those carb loaded meals that comfort us during winter. I struggle with snacking. I am so disciplined with my meals, because I plan them out, but snacking is where I get myself into trouble. My ideal snack is anything that has to do with chocolate, but that’s not going to help my bikini body now is it? So I have compiled a list of my Top 10 Snacks: 100 Calories or less, to satisfy hunger and cravings! There are a few sweet and a few that are savory, something for everyone!
10 Healthy Snack Ideas: 100 Calories or less
- Frozen Greek Yogurt Covered Blueberries 100 Calories/3oz
Dip blueberries with your desired greek yogurt brand and freeze overnight! 100 calories per 3 oz covered blueberries.
- 2 celery stalks (sliced) + 2tbsp Guacamole (homemade).
- 1 cup diced Watermelon+ 1 oz reduced fat feta cheese + 1tsp chopped mint leaves.
I had this in NYC over quinoa, when I read it on the menu I thought it sounded bizarre but I actually loved it.
- 1/2 cup blueberries + 1/2 cup raspberries + 1/2 cup strawberries.
- 1 hard boiled egg+ salt, pepper & paprika to taste.
- 10 baby carrots + 4 oz greek yogurt with 1tsp ranch dill mix.
Tip: I do this ALL the time. It’s so filling and so much healthier than the Sour Cream they say to use on the packet. PS no one can ever tell the difference!
- Oatmeal energy balls 80 Calories per ball.
- 1 sliced tomato + 1 oz fresh mozzarella + 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and salt/pepper to taste.
I am a sucker for bruschetta but this helps satisfy that craving with out the added carbs of the baguette.
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (fat free) + 1/4 cup blueberries.
- 4 tbsp hummus + 2 Celery stalks (sliced).
I love that a lot of these healthy snack ideas use similar ingredients too, that you are not wasting an entire thing of celery but they are different enough that it gives you a variety.
Pin it on Pinterest for safe keeping!
Have a great weekend & I’ll see you next week!